No matter where you turn, you’ll find that most people are preoccupied with some form of technology. Whether it’s a desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone, consumers have really embraced this new digitally dependent atmosphere. If you’re a small business that wants to remain relevant, you’ll need to market your brand effectively using the most commonly used digital mediums. You’ll need digital marketing expertise to guide you.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is the art of advertising products, services, or causes on technological mediums like the internet. When done effectively online marketing can help you build brand awareness, connect with potential customers, increase your following, and strengthen your credibility. Not to mention, it levels the playing field giving you a fighting chance against household national and international brands with steeper pockets.
Why Not Do it Yourself?
The marketing landscape continues to change and evolve with the invention of new technology. The concepts get way more complex and platforms continue to increase. If you’re going to build a strong presence online, you’ll need to continually invest and change your digital marketing efforts to meet the needs of your target market.
Developing a marketing campaign, learning your audience, researching the competition, creating content, choosing the right platforms, and using various mediums involves a lot of extensive research, time, and effort. In an era where digital content can ruin a reputation in a manner of seconds, even the slightest misstep can dig a hole that’s difficult to get out of. Doing it yourself is an option, however, it’s generally one that entrepreneurs change their minds about quickly.
Who Can Help?
If you’ve tried your hand at marketing online and garnered little results, or you’re new to owning a business and want to give your brand a good start, there are service providers who can help. Digital marketing agencies are organizations similar to traditional marketing firms, however, their sole focus is using digital or technological mediums.
What Do They Do?
While each service provider will differ, the main purpose of a digital marketing agency is to perform market research and integrate online profiles and platforms to help establish or improve your online presence. Some of the services offered by a digital marketing firm include:
- Web design and optimization – creating an aesthetically appealing, functional, and easy to use website that is optimized for search engines and engaging for your audience.
- Content marketing – the art of creating and publishing valuable, engaging, and consistent content on various digital platforms geared towards your target audience.
- Online advertising – great for generating new leads, companies like HigherVisibility offer pay-per-click campaigns. By creating online ads attached to key phrases and words commonly used by your audience, it boosts visibility and increases the likelihood of users doing business with your brand.
- Search Engine Optimization – A technique used to improve page search results on major search engines like Google, Yahoo, or Bing.
- Social media marketing – the use of popular social sites to promote products and services, or build brand awareness.
This is just a portion of the services offered by digital marketing agencies. Some companies offer a wide variety of services while others hone in on popular areas of interest. You’ll need to do some research to determine which agency is best suited for your small business.
What Makes a Digital Marketing Agency a Good Pick?
Believe that you could use some help from an online marketing firm? Below are a few characteristics of a good agency:
- Good marketing efforts – Look for an agency that uses good marketing strategies to promote their own brand. Was it easy to find them online? Was their website easy to understand and use? Are they on social media?
- Experience – You want a marketing firm comprised of staff that has relevant experience in the areas you need help with.
- Variety of services offered – Unless you only need help with one facet of online marketing, you’ll want to hire a firm that offers a variety of services.
- Good reputation – How do their existing or previous clients feel about them? Are there any complaints through the Better Business Bureau or other platforms?
- Affordable Rates – Look for a company that is willing to work within your budget. Companies that offer discounts or package deals, for instance, are a great idea.
If your brand isn’t bubbling on the internet, you’re lost. In order to build a strong web presence that will help you connect with online users, generate leads, and increase sales, you need to create a digital marketing plan that works. Doing it on your own wastes time, money, and resources that most small businesses don’t have to spare. Essentially, working with the right digital marketing agency can help ease those tensions and help make your brand a household name.