Amazon is becoming the world’s go-to place for purchasing goods. According to a survey done by BloomReach, more than 55% of people start on Amazon when they do their online shopping. Because of Amazon’s large scale, some business models may experience less success than others. If you’re just starting out as Amazon seller, here are some tips on how to drive up your profit margins. You can also check Nuanced Media’s website for the best information on how to increase your sales through Amazon.
Generate Ratings and Reviews (Legally)
When deciding which product to buy, consumers will choose the one with the most positive reviews. Quantity and quality are important. No one wants to buy a product with one 5-star review or a product with 700 3-star reviews.
The reviews must be procured naturally. Make sure you’re aware of Amazon’s rules regarding what’s not allowed. A complete list of guidelines can be found in your Seller Central account, but here are a few things you absolutely cannot do:
- Offer a product, a discount, or money for a good review.
- Write reviews for your own products.
- Leave negative reviews on competitors’ products.
Failing to follow these guidelines can result in penalties or the deactivation of your account. To generate reviews legally, we recommend:
- Engaging with reviewers. Respond to all reviewers, regardless of what message they leave. Thank those who leave a positive message. Respond in a civil, helpful way to those who leave a negative review.
- Use an Amazon Review System. Find a company that will automate the feedback process for you. A company like FeedbackExpress will send emails to buyers and remind them to leave a review. When you purchase a service like this, you don’t have to chase after customers to leave you a rating.
Even if you’re primarily an Amazon seller, don’t be afraid to use other platforms. Try creating a strong presence on social media channels and niche forum sites. Let people know what your brand is. Not all online shoppers use Amazon as their starting point. Reach even more buyers by establishing your brand elsewhere by:
- Getting your brand featured in local press.
- Enlisting an influencer to promote your brand.
- Creating website content that educates consumers on the purpose of your product.
Try Amazon PPC
Amazon PPC (pay-per-click) advertising is a great way for sellers to reach consumers as they’re browsing the e-commerce site. If running a PPC campaign seems daunting, Amazon PPC management software can help you optimize your campaign and determine which search words you should be using for your product.
Diversify Your Product Offerings
Sellers often seek to be placed on Amazon’s “Buy Box”. The Buy Box is a section on the top right of a product page. Customers use this selection to place items in their online shopping carts. Not all products can make it into this highly sought after Buy Box.
To be placed in the Buy Box, your product must be unique. If you’re selling a single item, chances are that there are hundreds of other sellers attempting the same thing. Consider creating a bundle of products. A bundle of products will be a much more unique offer to consumers looking for solutions to their problems.
For example, if you sell pet products, consider selling a leash, collar, and pet tag in one bundled package. This strategy can help you win a spot in the Buy Box for a specific listing.
Amazon Isn’t Going Anywhere
Amazon is a beloved e-commerce site that is continuing to grow. As an Amazon seller, try implementing these four tips and you can have a share in this company’s success!