Commercial window tinting has become more of a norm for many offices and homes. With almost everyone looking for ways to reduce energy costs by conserving energy, building contractors, and homeowners are taking solar window tinting rather seriously. Many consider this as the ultimate solution for reducing energy costs without compromising anything. If you too are considering the tint, then discussed below are some of the pros and cons you should know about.
While we all love a well naturally lit space (at home or in the office), sun rays penetrating the large windows in office setups can raise room temperatures pretty fast. This forces the occupants to turn the cooling system higher just to keep temperatures low, which almost ways results in high energy bills. Solar window tinting, however, helps cut down on a number of UV rays entering the house, thus controlling the heat. The beauty in this is that the tint allows just enough light to pass through, hence no need to keep the lights on.
Window Tinting Pros
- Lower energy costs: As earlier mentioned, solar window tinting filters out UV rays and only allows enough light through into the house. This contributes to at least 40% in energy savings on cooling costs. This method is therefore more energy-efficient and cost-effective as compared to replacing your windows.
- Filters UV rays: UV rays can have many adverse effects in your house/office. According to window tinting company windowtintingmyrtlebeach.com, It causes fading to your upholstery, carpets, furniture, drapery, and artwork as well. Computers, monitors and office equipment exposed to the same start fading off as well.
- Improved comfort: The solar window film not only keeps heat and the sun out but also gets rid of glare and softens the light in the room. This creates an even temperature and comfortable lighting for your eyes.
- Improved security: The window tint film holds the glass together hence preventing possible shattering. Broken window glass are dangerous as they can inflict injuries and cuts. Whether an accident or a burglary, you can be assured that there will be no shattered glass pieces lying all over.
- Rebates and tax credit: Tax incentives and rebates from using commercial window tinting can help save you lots of money in the long run.
- ROI: The returns on investment from solar window films is considerably high considering you won’t have to worry about high heating and cooling bills. It takes just under 3 years to start realizing the savings.
- Voided warranties: Some window manufacturers may advise against applying any form of window tint. Installing the tint anyways voids their service warranty. However, once you get a professional company this should not be a problem.
- Application challenges: While a smooth glass pane may be easy to apply tint, some doors, and windows, particularly French, can be quite challenging. Attempting to install tint on these means spending a better part of the day or two working on the individual panes. A professional company however will have no problems with this.
- Access to quality products: The quality of commercial window tinting films can vary in quality. This means you need to be rather good at picking such films to get the best quality material in the industry. Consulting with the NFRC (National, Fenestration Rating Council) should however help you find the right film.
- Choice: Window tint comes in various specifications and quality. For instance, the much newer shiny tint material reflects only the UV light and allow natural light to flow through. Dark films on the other hand not only block UV rays but also absorb heat as well as some of the natural light. One needs to know exactly what to choose when shopping for window-tint, otherwise, you will have to dig deeper into your pockets for interior lighting.
These tips should help you when choosing commercial window tinting and ensure you get the correct sort for your building.