Sometimes, a business organization can face a lot of hurdles due to several circumstantial reasons. And due to the negative circumstances, business owners can take a hard decision like closing down one of their business locations and moves to another place. However, the leading cross country movers that specialize in relocation packages explain that such situations are really distressing for the business owners and for its employees as well. On the contrary, the same situation can arise due to the expansion of a business organization as well. The need for a bigger office space can make the business owners take such decisions as closing down a location. Well, the reasons can differ depending upon circumstances. However, notifying the reasons for closing down is crucial for any organization for better clarity. But how to tell your employees when closing down a location or moving out for a new workplace? Here is what you need to do to put together an employee relocation letter!
Proper Planning is Necessary
Well, as already stated, letting your employees aware of the recent closing down of the business location has the utmost importance. The best way to notify them of the issue is through formal letters. Although, you must have proper planning before you prepare and deliver an employee relocation letter to each organization’s employees.
However, it would be best to prepare the letters at least two months prior to the moving day. Getting enough time will enable you to take care of every necessary thing. Apart from that, you should deliver the letters to your employees at least one month prior to the moving day. This extra time will help them to prepare themselves for the relocation.
Make a Complete Mailing List
Once you have done preparing the letters, it’s the right time to make a complete mailing list. Here in this step, you must remember to note down every name of the recipients so that no one can be removed mistakenly.
Tips for Writing the Letter to the Employees
Well, writing formal letters to the employees with detailed information is required so that the employees cannot face any difficulties in understanding. Therefore, you can consider the below tips to write down a formal employee relocation letter when closing down a location.
- You must make sure that you have mentioned the exact date of the moving day in the letter. It would help if you considered that the relocation date is one of the most important parts of the letter.
- The next important thing to mention in the letter is the location of the new workplace.
- You must take the utmost care while stating the purpose of the relocation. If you don’t write the reasons for the upcoming relocation, it can negatively impact the employees. Your employees must know the reasons for shifting to the new workplace. Additionally, you can try highlighting the positive aspects of the move so that the employees can’t get worried.
- Make sure to state with clarity if the organization is moving for a shorter duration to the new workplace or it will be a permanent move.
- Let your employees know if there are any changes in remuneration after the relocation takes place. Sometimes, moving to a comparatively costly location without any salary hike can create negativities to the employees.
- Make sure to state if there any other allowances for the employees after the relocation will take place.
- Clarify in the letter if there will be any other facilities that will be given to the employees after the official move.
- Don’t forget to state a fixed budget for the organization’s relocation costs. Always remember that clarifying the relocation costs is crucial to make the whole process transparent.
- Accommodation is one of the most important factors while relocating to a new workplace. Therefore, you must let your employees know if the organization will arrange for the necessary accommodation for its employees.
- Even if the organization provides accommodation, it is necessary to let your employees know whether the accommodation is temporary or permanent. Providing permanent accommodation for the employees is indeed a positive factor to the employees. Therefore, highlighting this facility will help you to retain your potential employees.
- Finally, it is important to state in the employee relocation letter that what would be the course of action for the employees who won’t be moving for the upcoming relocation. Apart from that, you can ask for the reasons for not willing for the relocation. Sometimes, asking for the reasons can help you to retain some of the best employees.
Hopefully, you have got plenty of helpful tips on writing the relocation letters to the employees. So, if you have already decided on a commercial relocation of your business place, consider the mentioned tips while preparing the employee relocation letter to get the best benefits out of it!