The secret to making amazing business marketing videos on a small budget is planning. Below are some tips that can help you plan better.
Marketing Video Tips
- In video production, a script is considered the master plan. It is the blueprint or detailed guide of how the video will be produced and edited. In the same way an architect’s plan specifies every single detail of a building, a video script highlights every aspect of the video from visual to audio content. Anything great from blockbuster movies to architectural structures are all made from elaborate plans. So, before trying to make a marketing video, it is important to get the script right. You can write a script or hire someone to do it for you. One of the key things that will be highlighted in the script is the length of the video. For marketing videos, it is widely believed that the shorter the better. This means that you should strive to have your video be under 2 or 3 minutes. Your video should also be compelling, concise and clear. You can have more specific information for a printed fact sheet or web page.
- The main reason you want to make a marketing video is for it to be watched by a certain audience to watch it. As part of your planning, you need to define the target audience for your video. It is very important to know your audience, their aspirations, concerns and expectations. When you do this, you will be in a better position to describe the benefits of the product or service you are marketing. Some of the benefits you can highlight in your video are how your client’s company solves consumer problems, how consumers can save money and how the particular product or services improves the lives of users.
- Next, you should make plans of how you will distribute the video before you actually begin production. You can plan on how you are going to upload the video to online video platforms such as YouTube and Vimeo as well social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. On top of this, you should plan on how you are going to embed the video on the client’s website. Other distribution channels include trade shows, exhibitions, one-on-one meetings, newsletters, articles, press releases and email promos. Wide distribution of the video is beneficial to both your and client. If international distribution is possible, you can make multiple version of your video in foreign languages.
- Look at the best commercials on TV that market similar products and services. The information you get from making these comparisons can be extremely helpful making a marketing video for your client. You can make use of techniques and styles found in competitor videos but you should always make sure that you do not infringe any copyrights. A good way to execute a marketing video by compiling customer testimonials instead of hiring actors. You can feature satisfied customers on your video who will explain why they like your client’s products or services.
- Cool photos from your client can also come in handy when making your video. You should know that people have made amazing marketing videos from still photographs. The photos can be arranged in a creative way using various sequences and effects.
- Marketing your video on the internet is also very important. Here, you need to research on various search engine optimization trends that you can use to market your video. You can consider using paid ads by Google or Bing. In whichever online marketing campaign you choose, it is important to associate your video with the right keywords. The right keywords should be included in the metadata fields, descriptions, tags and titles of the video. This makes a huge difference in marketing.
- When capturing visual content, take as many close-up shots as possible. Close-ups are effective in reaching out to the target audience. People feel more compelled to watch a video when the subjects are properly and clearly captured on camera.
- Editing is another key component of video production. Just like scripting, editing will determine how successful your video is. You should remember that shorter videos are the best for marketing. You should remove all unnecessary shots from your video leaving only the most relevant and informative shots. Use the best video editing software you can afford. You should also involve your client in the editing process for best results.
- Lastly, you should make use of animations and motion graphics to make the video more appealing to the target audience.
Paying attention to the details takes effort, but marketing videos are critical tools in your messaging and visibility campaigns.