There is no question about it, finding a conference venue for a business meeting in London can be a daunting task. With various venues to choose from across the capital, picking the correct one can have an enormous impact on its success. Therefore, it is imperative that you consider the following points carefully before making your decision.
- Location: – Possibly the most important factor, so should be considered very carefully. One option would be to book a venue that is close to your office. Although this might be a great option for you it might not be the same for your attendees, and as these are the people that you are potentially looking to impress it is worthwhile considering a location that is more convenient for them. Alternatively, you could opt for a location that is located in the centre of London, with good transport links. This will make it easy for everybody to get to on time.
- Size of the venue: – The number of people that have agreed to attend your meeting will ultimately dictate the size of the venue that you choose. However, it is important to remember when looking for a venue that you don’t go for a space that is too small otherwise your guests may feel that they are sitting on top of each other – never a good thing! On the other hand, you don’t want to opt for a room that is too big otherwise your meeting can seem as if half the attendees did not turn up. Either of these extremes will give the wrong impression right from the start.
- Facilities: – The next point to consider is the facilities that the venue has to offer, either as part of the package or as an additional cost. Today’s modern conferences should come with internet access, LCD projectors, flip charts, stationary as standard. If there is something specific you require for your meeting then it is strongly advised that you contact the venue directly. They might have it, they might not, at least you will know before the meeting.
- Food and drink: – If you are booking an all-day event then it is a good idea to investigate whether or not the venue offers food and drink as part of the cost. If not then you can either choose a venue that does or alternatively look to bring in food form outside, however, you might need to check with the venue first to see if this is possible as some might not allow it. If this is the case then you might want to reserve a table at a local restaurant – but it had better be a big table!
- Cost: – Potentially more important than location, selecting the correct venue will ultimately come down to cost, more specifically the amount you have allocated to your budget. It is essential for a successful meeting that you set a budget and stick to it. Also, it is vital that you know what additional services are on offer at the location and at what cost. This is to ensure that you do not find out you have been charged for something that you thought was a part of the initial cost.
- Accommodation: – Depending on how long your meeting is planned to go on you might need to think about accommodation for your guests. One option that you might want to look at is the option of booking the venue in a hotel, so your guests will not have to worry about travelling around different venues.
If you are looking for a conference venue for your business meeting then take a look at the Academy Conference Centres available at the following five Holiday Inn hotels located across central London. All hotels are situated within walking distance from of a tube station, making them convenient for guests that arriving from different parts of the country.
- Holiday Inn London – Kensington Forum – (97 Cromwell Road, London SW7 4DN)
- Holiday Inn London – Bloomsbury – (Coram Street, London WC1N 1HT)
- Holiday Inn London – Regent’s Park – (Carburton Street, London W1W 5EE)
- Holiday Inn London – Mayfair – (3 Berkeley Street, London W1J 8NE)
- Holiday Inn London – Brent Cross – (Tilling Road, Brent Cross, NW2 1LP)
The Academy is Holiday Inn’s superior meeting, conference and training standard. They are designed to help people get the most from their meetings and offer the following benefits:
- Bookings Made Easy: – a flexible and experienced teams that are that are there to help.
- Service Guarantee: – committed to making your meeting a success and getting things right first time.
- The Personal Touch: – providing support from the initial contact and throughout your event.
- Meet Responsibly: – working smarter for a green tomorrow.
- BusinessClub™: – a reward programme that thanks you for your business.
- 27 Purpose-Built Academies: – unique venues dedicated to business needs.
- Early stage traction for peanuts! (thestartupmag.com)
- Female entrepreneurs reveal their business success (thestartupmag.com)
- 5 Tips on Getting Started in a Busy Marketplace (thestartupmag.com)