Let’s admit the fact that the WordPress is among the most used website builders in the world. It is popular, a powerful as well as a flexible content management system which allows you to have a web presence through your own website. Now that we have established this fact, the question is, is it the right website builder for you? Or are there WordPress alternatives?
I am pretty sure that you found this article as you are already searching for some alternatives for WordPress.
Maybe you also wanted to understand better the choices which are available to you in order to build your own website. Or maybe you are getting frustrated with the steep learning process of how to use WordPress as it can be quite a tedious task, after all.
Either way, this article will provide you with some of the best available WordPress alternatives and direct you toward the in-depth analysis of other website builder choices in comparison to WordPress.
Even though these alternatives are not as flexible as they may seem, they provide a lot of value which WordPress fails to provide. They are quite easier to use and are also fully supported by professional and dedicated help teams, and there is no requirement of any coding in order to build a great website.
- Wix- It is the best website builder with all-round drag-and-drop feature available in the market.
- Squarespace – This is a great website builder if you are looking for a design-oriented one.
- Weebly- It is among the easiest to use website editors that is available in the website building market.
Let’s get into details of these website builders.
Wix is considered to be the best all-round website builder with its drag and drop features. At present, it has over 100 million registered users and more than 2.8 million paying subscribers.
You can simply drag and drop any of your content which you want on your own website without any requirement to write a single line of code. It means that you don’t have to be technical in order to use this website builder.
Wix also provides over 500 professional and appealing design templates from which you can choose with a wide range of industries and businesses which means that you can easily find the suitable one for you as per your requirement.
The salient features of Wix are:
- It is quite innovative. It keeps on adding new tools as well as features which means that you can easily keep up with the latest trend of web industry instead of appearing outdated. You want a website builder which keeps on innovating on a regular basis to allow you to improve your website. This is the key point that you should always consider.
- Another great feature of this WordPress alternative is that its designs are up to date which matches with the latest web design trends. You can easily build 1-pager parallax design as well as insert background videos along with creating different background sections without any knowledge of coding.
Along with all of this, it offers you email and phone support which WordPress doesn’t have, in case you have any queries, or you get into any issues. That is why it is among the best alternatives for WordPress.
Even though Squarespace isn’t as easy to use in comparison to Wix but still it is quite easier to use and customize in comparison with WordPress. It provides you with the ability to create gorgeous looking, polished websites.
Its main strength lies in its design templates which are all beautifully made and mobile responsive. It can make your website look minimalistic, clean and appealing.
You can just drag and drop a website which looks like a website where you might have invested thousands of dollars just to create by hiring a web designer.
In case you are in photography, portfolio/design, restaurant, boutique business, wedding or other occasion industry, Squarespace’s designs can certainly work quite well for you.
Some of the most salient features of Squarespace are:
- It is very much design-focused. As we have mentioned earlier, Squarespace designs can provide an impression on the people that you have hired a good and an expensive professional website designer to create your website.
- It allows you to play a key and active role when it comes to customization of your designs. It provides you with the ability to make design customizations without any requirement of changing the codes.
Weebly is among the easiest to use website builder with drag and drop feature, at present.
Its user interface is quite minimalistic as well as friendly which makes it pretty intuitive for you in order to learn how to build your website quickly, without even touching the code.
In case you are afraid of the technical side of website building, and you are in search for a simple website builder, then Weebly will certainly be the right choice for you.
However, its design templates aren’t as comprehensive as that of Wix or polished as that of Squarespace, but it keeps introducing and adding new as well as better designs on a continuous basis, and they are getting quite better at it.
The most salient features of Weebly which make it among the best alternatives for WordPress are:
- It is quite easy to use. You can literally see a young kid as well as an older person create decent looking websites with this website builder. It is almost as easy as learning to use an iPad as they make it quite easy as well as intuitive.
- It provides access to design codes too. In case you have knowledge of coding then you can easily make design customizations. However, it is not necessary to create a good looking website without changing codes. But Weebly offers this added flexibility in case you wish to take your designs to a whole new level.
Weebly also offers you an email as well as phone support in case you have any issues or queries.
At the end of the day, when it comes to using WordPress or any of the alternatives for WordPress, I recommend that it depends on what you really wish to achieve and what type of experience you wish to get out of the website building process.
WordPress is quite a powerful as well as a flexible website builder. But you need to have patience as well as interest in learning the process of how to create websites effectively. The learning curve for WordPress is quite a bit higher than other website builders that I have mentioned. If you have enough resources to make a website, then you can certainly achieve a good looking and great website using WordPress.
If you wish to be more hands-on when it comes to management and building of your own website, but you don’t wish to invest a lot of time in order to resolve technical issues, then drag and drop website builders are what I suggest as they can be an excellent option for you.
With such drag and drop website builders, you don’t need any knowledge of coding, and you can quickly build your own beautiful looking, alluring and impressive website. These website builders also provide you dedicated support teams in case you face any issue or have any query.
With this, I end my take on various alternatives for WordPress. If you are currently using any other website builder that you like, then let me know in the comment section.