Many different sized companies have realized the importance of ITSM and have tried to adopt it into their business operations. The problem they have often found is the fact that not many of these organisations understand the real meaning of ITSM.
The true meaning of ITSM the delivery and support of IT services that are appropriate to the business requirements of an organization.
Now to appreciate the importance and significance of ITS, one must first understand the types of services being managed. There are several aspects of services which include:
- Technical Services: Focusing on the technical related services in a particular technology area. Ideal examples would be Network services and Data base services Windows Administration Services
- Organizational Services: Focusing into a specific organization or role in the company.
- Application Services: Focusing on a particular end user business application and ideal examples would email and ERP services.
Not many organizations will have the services well-defined. The organizations that do have them well-defined have a good understanding of the services they provide, the requirements of those services the resources it will utilize and how to deliver the same. This will result in better productivity and efficient utilization of resources and saves a lot of operational costs too.
There are many advantages for ITSM, they include:
- Excellent connect between business and IT priorities: Usually the business and IT departments of companies don’t see eye-to-eye and have a lot of differences of opinions. This can be avoided by implementing ITSM within the organization which in turn increases the productivity of the business.
- Better Integration between different Processes: Different processes in organizations like problem management, incident management etc. integrate well with each other and the productivity increases further.
- Better Efficiency: ITSM acts like oil to a well-refined engine. Thus it smoothens the working of the organization and increases efficiency and productivity and reduces wastage within the organization.
If you are looking to hire to help your ITSM team grow, or are looking for an ITSM job, there is you can start with trying out ItsmJobs.