Stress is all around us. It can be in our personal lives, in our professional lives, or probably even both. For this reason we can get bogged down from time to time. As a manager of a business you want to try and relieve some of this stress from your employees in order to improve their productivity. An estimated 300 billion is lost every year due to this productivity loss.
- 14% Felt Like Striking A Coworker
- 25% Felt Like Screaming
- 18% Experienced Some Form Intimidation From A Co-Worker
- Can Reduce Focus and Memory By 20%
- Problem Solving Ability Declines
- Stress Overloads The Pre-Frontal Cortex – The Memory Center Of The Brain
Any way you can relieve the following stressors can really help a person get more done and be in a better mood. It’s not just good for their personal wellbeing but it has the effect of better efficiency as well.
- Low Salary
- Workload Too Heavy
- Long and/or Inflexible Work Hours
- Work Interfering In Personal Time
- Lack of Opportunity For Growth
- Lack of Participation In Decision Making
- Undefined Job Expectations
- Job Insecurity